DAG RECRUITMENT WEBSITE PRIVACY AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We respect your privacy and take it seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe how we collect, store, use, and protect your personal information. It is also to describe the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
This policy applies to you if you:
- are a visitor to our website;
- create a user account on our website;
- add to and manage your personal profile;
- contact or communicate with us via our website;
- submit responses to job specifications, surveys or polls, provide feedback, or make available any other content on the website; or
- op-in to marketing communication.
Personal information includes:
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website;
- certain information collected on registration;
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily;
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
Common examples of the types of personal information which we may collect and process include your:
- identifying information – such as your name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- contact information – such as your phone number or email address;
- address information – such as your physical or postal address; or
- demographic information – such as your age or nationality.
Sensitive personal information
Depending on the goods or services that you require, we may also collect sensitive personal information including your:
- employment information
Acceptance and Changes
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you register for any of our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy or changes made to it, then you may not register for and use any of the services. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you continue to use the website or our goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
You may not access our website or use our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts. We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page, and notifying you of any changes
Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us. You will provide us with certain personal information when you register on our website. This personal information might include:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your contact number;
- your ID number;
- your postal address or residential address;
- your driver’s license/s;
- your education details;
- your employment history;
- your skills;
- your career status (availability);
- your searchability;
- your company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
- your username and password.
We will use this personal information to fulfil your account, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
On order or request
When requesting our services from us, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (services information).
In this context, we also create and enrich usage profiles (e.g., on the basis of cookie IDs), which may also be transferred outside the Republic of South Africa and outside the EU and EEA . For this and to be able to use certain services for the purposes listed below, we require your consent. By clicking “Accept all”, you agree to these (revocable at any time). This also includes your consent to the transmission of certain personal data to third countries, including the USA *, in accordance with Section 72 (1) (b) POPIA.
Storing and/or retrieving information on a device
Cookies, device identifiers or other information may be stored on or retrieved from your device for the processing purposes shown to you.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and statistical purposes.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. On revisiting the Website our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests and make your usage of the Website more enjoyable; and
- to speed up your searches.
For information on how to control your cookies go to allaboutcookies.
When you visit the Website, we check if you have provided consent in the last 6 months. If you have not provided consent in the last 6 months, then we display a cookie consent banner and ask for your consent and only trigger necessary cookies and similar tracking technologies until consent is provided. If you provide consent for all cookies and similar technologies in the last 6 months, then we trigger all cookies and similar tracking technologies for 6 months from when this consent was provided.
We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal information, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal information with a certain device. These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
- granting you access to age restricted content;
- tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences;
- improving how our website performs;
- allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
- helping us deliver targeted advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you respond to surveys or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website.
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us, unless you specifically request us not to.
Purpose for collection
We may use or process any services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
- services purposes – such as collecting requests for and providing services;
- business purposes – such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
- in accordance with applicable law;
- when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
Messages and updates
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
We may share your personal information with:
- other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong so as to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services);
- our services providers under contract who help provide certain services or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these services providers only use your information in connection with the services they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
- other third parties who provide us with relevant services where appropriate.
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online or emailing us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we must take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information. We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
Transfer to another country
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country and process it in that country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside the country in which it was collected in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in the country in which it was collected. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by clicking the relevant menu in any of the pages on our website or contacting us by phone or email.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.